Are you up for some bird surveying in May along Merri Creek? Here is your chance to do some citizen science and help survey the birds at this time of year. Surveys are on 7 May and 21 May, with the Fawkner survey on the latter date.
Beginner-birders are welcome to the surveys, as well as experienced birders.
Bring binoculars if you have them, and closed-in footwear, sun-hat or raingear if necessary, and drinking water.
No dogs, please.
Sunday, 7 May, 8:45-10:30am
- Galgi Ngarrk (Craigieburn Grasslands)
- Galada Tamboore, Campbellfield
- Edwardes Lake, Reservoir
- East Coburg
- CERES to Moreland Rd, Brunswick East
- Phillips Reserve-Merri Park, Brunswick East & Northcote
- Hall Reserve, Clifton Hill.
And Sunday 21 May, 8:45-10:30am
- Coburg Lake
- Bababi Djinanang (Jukes Road Grasslands), Fawkner.
Survey meeting points:
- Galada Tamboore: Meet at the end of Hatty Court, Campbellfield (Melway 7 K6).
- East Coburg (Egan Reserve-Harding St-Strettle Reserve): Meet at the steps at end of The Grove, East Coburg (Melway 30 A3).
- Edwardes Lake: Meet at the playground adjacent to Griffiths Street, Reservoir (Melway 18 E5).
- CERES to Moreland Road: Meet at the seats on the Merri Path at rear of CERES near Blyth Street, East Brunswick (Melway 30 B7).
- Kirkdale Reserve & Merri Park: Meet at the end of Victoria Street, East Brunswick, at barbecue shelter (Melway 30 B8).
- Clifton Hill: Meet at the Rotunda, Hall Reserve, Clifton Hill (Melway 2D D1).
- Coburg Lake Reserve: Meet near the car park, Lake Grove Coburg (Melway 17 H10).
- Bababi Djinanang: Meet on the Merri Path at the end of Jukes Road, Fawkner (Melway 18 A2).
- Galgi Ngarrk (Craigieburn Grasslands): Meet at the O’Herns Road gate off Hume Highway, Somerton (Melway 180 E6). Note this survey may not be completed until around 12 noon. Please contact the group leader to register beforehand, and receive important information about Galgi Ngarrk and any last minute changes: Bridget Gardner: 0417 519 251 or firstname.lastname@example.org .